Wednesday, November 16, 2016

CARSON NOT IN THE CABINET. Dr. Ben Carson was a brilliant neurosurgeon, but never impressed me outside his field of expertise. The Washington Post covered the news:
“The way I’m leaning is to work from the outside and not from the inside,” Carson said in an interview Tuesday with The Washington Post. “I want to have the freedom to work on many issues and not be pigeonholed into one particular area.”

Carson, who is Trump’s most high-profile African American supporter, has been under consideration for several positions in Trump’s Cabinet, including secretary of health and human services.

Carson said he has made his decision clear to Trump in several private conversations in recent days.

“I’ve said that if it came to a point where he absolutely needs me, I’d reconsider. But I don’t think that’s the situation with these positions,” he said. “My view is that if some people and the media are going to hate him, then he’s going to need allies on the outside to be there, to be there to move the country forward. I don’t care about a position.’

He added with a chuckle, “Having me as a federal bureaucrat would be like a fish out of water, quite frankly.”

No comments:

Post a Comment